Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Randi is Officially Eleven

Randi turns eleven today. I called her first thing this morning to wish her Happy Birthday. When asked what it feels like to be eleven, she said, “hmmmm….not much different than ten.” So there you have it.

However, this afternoon when we all get off work, Randi, Julie, Kimberlee, Brandy, Cheyenne, Sierra, Nona and Pops will be having Birthday cake to celebrate this important day. Then on Saturday afternoon we will have an official party for Randi with her close friends. She is learning the art of stretching her birthday celebration out as far as she can.

Julie had wanted to wait until next weekend to have the party, but Randi insists that we must have it this Saturday. It is important enough to her that we are making it happen.

David went with me to United last night. We needed some groceries (I have been putting this trip off several days.) We decided to eat while we were there. While we were eating David looked around and said, “This floor looks like ours at home.” I said, “Excuse me look at this floor, it is covered with dried mud.” But, I took the hint and this morning I got up early to sweep and mop the floors in the living room, dining room and kitchen. While my very small pile of dirt paled in comparison to the floors at United, I must say I do feel good that the task is done one more time.

No comments: