Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

It's Sunday, the third day of the New Year. I love the weekend, especially Sunday morning. I love worship. I love gathering with everyone, seeing familiar faces, being hugged. I love the praise time. I love the songs we sing. I love the feeling of being in the presence of God with other people. This is the one experience that comes close to being a passion. I truly do have a heart for corporate worship.

Randi spent the night last night. She is such a delight. We enjoy each other’s company. She helped me prepare dinner. We did some stuff on the computer and then we watched a movie. This morning before worship I introduced Randi to a friend of mine. Charlotte asked me if Randi lives in Lubbock. I told her that yes, she does and also that Randi had lived with us for four years. Charlotte said, “Oh, then she is comfortable with you.” And that’s the truth. We are comfortable with each other.

When we got home, Julie was here. She stayed a little while, so that was a nice visit. Now Randi and Julie are gone home. The house is quiet. Well, David is watching the Cowboys, so the game noise is in the back ground. But, my little chatter-box is not here. She carries on quite the conversation and when she is gone I can feel the drop in the level of the sound waves. I love this very special young lady (who by the way will be 11 in 3 days).

No comments: